Barker Days comes at the end of summer each year and is the most fun you can have with your dog.
This annual event welcomes hundreds of dogs with their owners and features a temporary dog park in the O’Brien Park ball field and H2O’Brien Pool, dog demonstrations, contests and dog-related vendors.
Date: Sept. 7, 2019
Time: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.*
Location: H2O’Brien Pool, 10795 Victorian Drive
Cost: Pre-registered – $6 per resident dog, $8 per non-resident dog (through Sept. 6 at 5 p.m.)
Walk-up* – $8 per resident dog, $10 per non-resident dog
* Walk-up registration will begin at 11 a.m.; walk-ups will be accepted based on capacity
You do not need to be a dog owner to enjoy this event. Our family attends each year and has such a blast watching the pure joy radiating off of the dogs especially the labs and retrievers that were swimming in the pool. The dog in the photo we took above often had 2 or 3 tennis balls in his mouth at a time and never stopped swimming the entire time we watched.
Dog owners get even more rewards as there are all sorts of free giveaways and samples in the vendor area and if you are thinking about getting a dog, there are several rescues and fostering organizations on hand to answer any and all questions.
Parker Parks and Recreation goes to the dogs…
- Doggie paddle in the neutralized, dog-only pool
- Chase balls and Frisbees in the baseball fields
- Check out the agility course and demonstrations
- Smaller dogs can play in a designated small dog play area
- Rub noses with dog-friendly businesses
Barker Days Dog Registration
Due to the popularity of this event, it is highly recommended that you pre-register online or at the Recreation Center, 303.841.4500.
Volunteer opportunities are available. For more information or to sign up, visit the Volunteer Connect Douglas County website and choose Town of Parker as your organization. Email Brenda at email@example.com with volunteer questions.
Additional Event and Vendor Information
Register for the event here. All dogs must be accompanied by an adult 18 years or older. Dogs must wear current rabies and ID tags at all times; this will be checked at the entrance. This is an off-leash-only event; owners are expected to use leash for arrival and departure only. Please view additional event guidelines. Vendors are limited to pet-related businesses. For additional event and vendor information, contact Meagan Nakashima at 303.805.3274 or email Meagan Nakashima
All dogs must be accompanied by an adult 18 years or older. Dogs must wear current rabies and ID tags at all times; this will be checked at the entrance. This is an off-leash-only event; owners are expected to use a leash for arrival and departure only. Please view additional event guidelines here. Vendors are limited to pet-related businesses. For additional event and vendor information, contact Meagan Nakashima at 303.805.3274 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Barker Days Doggie Rules & Guidelines
- Dogs must wear a current rabies tag and ID tag at all times.
- Leashes are required outside of the fenced event area and should be kept handy at all times as the dogs play.
- Owners are responsible for picking up after their own dogs; disposable bags will be provided.
- All dogs must be accompanied by an adult 18 years or older. Please, no more than two dogs per adult. Kids are welcome at the event, but may not be solely responsible for any dog and should be closely supervised.
- Dogs in heat, puppies under four months or who have not had final shots, aggressive dogs and dogs who are sick may not attend.
- The owner of any dog displaying mounting behavior must immediately leash and remove the dog from the situation.
- Owners are liable for their pets and are responsible for keeping their dogs within event boundaries.