The Parker Recreation Center has lots of great resources for Seniors in our community.
Parker Senior Center
The Parker Senior Center is an active adult (50+) community center with an annual membership costing just $48 per year. Everyone is welcome, no matter where you live. They offer a wide variety of activities including several dance classes, Tai Chi, art classes, multiple types of card nights, bingo and more. They currently have over 800 members and serve lunch, Monday through Friday, for $5.00. Anyone can have lunch, you do not have to be a member or a senior. Check out the Menu page, all meals are made from scratch by our Chef (no processed food here). Please call ahead for a reservation 303-841-5370.
Parker Senior Center is located at 10675 Longs Way, Parker, CO 80138
Need help? The Parker Senior Center Recommends these resources
- Douglas County Division of Adult Services: 303-660-7519
- Adult Protective Services: 303-663-6270
- Colorado No-Call List: 303-776-2678
- District Attorney Consumer Protection Line: 720-874-8547
- Meals on Wheels: 303-294-0111
- Legal Center for People with Disabilities & Older People: 303-722-0300
- Parker Task Force: 303-841-3640
- SECOR Southeast Community Outreach:720-842-5621
- Social Security Office: 800-772-1213
- Grant-funded Transportation: 303-660-7519
Senior Care Services
Atlantis Home Care is Colorado’s best value home care company in the Greater Denver Metro area. Their goal is to keep our seniors happy, comfortable, and independent at home and to bring peace of mind to your family members.
7208 S Tucson Way Ste 165, Centennial, CO 80112
Rated 5 Stars on Google with 19 Reviews
Senior Living Facilities
Lincoln Meadows Senior Living
10001 S Oswego St, Parker, CO 80134
(303) 790-1910 (4.7 Stars on Google)
MorningStar Senior Living of Parker
18900 Mainstreet, Parker, CO 80134
(720) 728-0601 (4.1 Stars on Google)
Assured Assisted Living 7
10139 Riverstone Dr, Parker, CO 80134
(720) 909-8959 (4.2 Stars on Google)
Life Care Center of Stonegate
15720 Garden Plaza Dr, Parker, CO 80134
(303) 805-2085 (3.3 Stars on Google)
Parker Recreation Programs for Active Older Adults in Parker
Parker Parks and Recreation strives to meet the needs of our rapidly-growing older adult population and promotes healthy lifestyles through innovative programs and activities for seniors 55+.
Parker Recreation Membership and Passes
Discounted senior (62+) rates are available. View membership and pass rates.
SilverSneakers® by Tivity Health
SilverSneakers offers physical activity, health education and social events. Through the SilverSneakers Fitness Pass, participants have unlimited access to the Parker Recreation Center and Fieldhouse facilities, access to more than 116 drop-in Group Fitness classes, and signature SilverSneakers classes which are designed specifically for older adults and taught by certified instructors.
Who is Eligible for SilverSneakers?
Eligibility for and enrollment in SilverSneakers® is based on participation in a qualifying health plan. To find out if you qualify:
- Visit SilverSneakers® online to find a participating plan or see if your health plan or Medicare Supplement carrier offers SilverSneakers®
- Visit the Parker Recreation Center or call us at 303.841.4500
SilverSneakers Group Fitness Schedule
- SilverSneakers® Circuit Monday/Friday 12:15 – 1:10 p.m.
- SilverSneakers® Classic Tuesday/Thursday 12:15 – 1:10 p.m. 2:30 – 3:30 p.m.
- SilverSneakers® Cardio Wednesday 12:15 – 1:10 p.m.
- SilverSneakers® Yoga Monday 1:15 – 2:10 p.m.
- SilverSneakers® Yoga Friday 11 a.m. – noon
Fitness and Wellness
Enjoy classes and programs designed specifically for the fitness and wellness needs of active older adults. Registration may be required for some classes. Call 303.805.3278 for additional fitness and wellness information.
Group Fitness Classes – Seniors classes include cardio, strength and conditioning, yoga, Pilates, Zumba Gold® and aqua aerobics classes, which are free with membership or daily admission.
Specialty Fitness – may include Golden Yoga, Golden Pilates, Tai Chi and other programs designed for participants 50 years and older, for a reasonable registration fee.
Personal Training – many staff trainers hold special certifications and have experience in older adult fitness and wellness. Discounts are available for ages 62 and older.
Aquatic Therapy Training – one-on-one sessions
Free 50+ Fitness Equipment Orientation
Orientations include a demonstration on the proper use of equipment, weight room etiquette and proper equipment safety; held every other Monday from 9:30-10:30 a.m., the orientation is free but participants need to register here.
Active Older Adults Fitness Club
The club offers adults 50 years and older a variety of activities to choose from ranging from low-impact aerobics to cycling, strength training, walking and more. Class is held each Friday from 9:35 to 10:35 a.m. at the Parker Fieldhouse and the cost is free with membership or drop in for $4 for Parker residents and $6 for non-residents.
Older Adult Sports
- 50+ Men’s Softball League
- Adult Pickleball
- Contact Deni Jacobs – Therapeutic/Senior Programs Coordinator
- Email Deni Jacobs or call 303.805.3208
Parker Recreation offers a variety of enrichment programs older adults, which may include AARP Driver Safety, Social Security workshops, financial planning and more. Click here for a list of current Adult Enrichment classes.
Douglas County Senior Initiative
Douglas County’s senior population is growing rapidly. To plan for this population shift and increased need for services, the partnership of Douglas County governments requests input from senior adults, their caregivers, and those approaching retirement age. For additional information about the Douglas County Senior Initiative, visit their website.