The Parker Recreation Department in Parker has a huge variety of individual and team sports for adults, youth, and kids.
The Town of Parker has three indoor recreation facilities the new PACE Center, one outdoor pool and the newest addition to the family Discovery Park.
Parker’s Newest “Discovery Park” will be a Year-Round Destination
Construction is completed on the newest addition to the Town of Parker’s fantastic collection of parks, located at Mainstreet and Pine Drive. Newly named “Discovery Park,” located next to the new Parker branch of Douglas County Libraries. Discovery Park will be a year-round destination and community gathering place that features interactive fountains in the summer, a vibrant ice trail in the winter and performances and events throughout the year.
After years of planning, the Town Council is excited to see this unique park come to life. They chose the name Discovery Park to showcase all there is to do and learn in this fantastic community gathering place. From concerts and events to the ice trail and interactive fountains, we believe that this space will offer individuals of all ages a place to come explore and learn, or simply relax and have fun.”
During the winter, the new ice trail will be available seven days a week. One of the only ice trails in the country, the new Parker skating path will meander through the park, reminiscent of a frozen river or canal. Skaters or visitors can stay warm next to any of the three fire pits adjacent to the ice trail, or enjoy hot chocolate while watching skaters pass by. Concessions skate rental and restroom facilities will be available for all patrons visiting the park.
Discovery Park will also feature a large, interactive water fountain with programmable water jets embedded below the paving surface. The approximately 900-square-foot fountain features color-changing LED lights, allowing use during the day or on a warm summer evening.
A performance stage at the north end of the park can host concerts or performances. The park is equipped with sound and lighting to enhance the musical experience and a large lawn allows for casual seating.
Public art will be a distinct feature throughout the new park and plaza, including “Ball and Jacks,” a larger-than-life installation featuring sculptures inspired by the classic children’s game.
A public grand opening will take place when the park is completed. Watch for more details on the Parker Parks and Recreation website at ParkerRec.com/DiscoveryPark. For additional information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Parker Recreation Center –
The Parker Recreation Center is a state-of-the-art facility featuring:
- Triple gymnasium and auxiliary gymnasium
- Cardiovascular and circuit equipment
- Multi-station and free weights
- Fitness studios
- Cycling studio
- Lap pool with shallow end
- Activity pool with zero-depth entry, lazy river, water slide, aquatic climbing wall and play structure
- Therapy pool
- Locker facilities and family changing rooms
The Recreation Center offers an active schedule of sports and fitness classes including yoga, Pilates, cycling, aerobics, toning and strength classes. Group Fitness classes, including Aqua Aerobics, are included with daily admission or membership. Our fitness division also offers personal training to help you set and achieve your fitness goals.
Outdoor inline hockey rinks are also located on site. Douglas County’s adjacent Challenger Regional Park has three lighted ball fields, a children’s playground, and several multi-purpose sports fields. For your convenience, child care is available during peak hours.
- Upcoming Classes and Activities
The Parker Recreation Department offers a year-round schedule of classes, athletic leagues, and camps for all ages. View the current issue of our Recreation Activity Brochure.
- The Fieldhouse –
The Parker Fieldhouse offers 100,000 square feet of action and excitement! Sports turf, batting cages, gymnasiums, inline rink with SSportsCourt flooring, climbing wall, elevated track, fitness loft, personal training and an indoor playground make this building popular with sports enthusiasts of every age and ability level. Many of Parker Recreation’s youth and adult sports leagues take place at the Fieldhouse.
Please note that drop-in times on Fieldhouse venues change daily. To check for available drop-in times, please call 303.805.6300 after 5:00 pm the day before you wish to visit.
Daily admission to the Parker Fieldhouse is $5 for adults and youth ages 15 to 61, and $4 for children ages 3 to 14 and seniors 62 and older. Punch passes and memberships are also available. Call 303.805.6300 before your visit to verify which venues will be open for drop-in use. View a full listing of admission and membership options.
- Securing Valuables
Although the Parker Fieldhouse is not responsible for individuals’ lost or stolen items, we offer several ways for our patrons to safely secure their belongings. The Fieldhouse has lockers that can be used at no charge if you bring your own lock, or locks can be rented from the front desk. In the instance a crime is committed at the Fieldhouse, we work closely with the Parker Police Department to catch the responsible individuals.
View Parker Fieldhouse facility rental information. Because of the need to provide accurate information to drop-in users, rentals cannot be scheduled the day prior to the requested rental date.
Special Events and Programs
View upcoming Parker Fieldhouse and Parker Recreation special events and programs.
- H2O’Brien Park
H2O’Brien Outdoor Pool features two 182′ water slides, a waterworks play structure, a spray garden, sprays and geysers, a circulation and lap pool, a concession area and a shade pavilion. Individuals of all ages will enjoy this spectacular pool!
10795 Victorian Drive
Parker, CO 80138
Season passes are good for unlimited admission all summer and may be purchased at the Recreation Center, 17301 E. Lincoln Ave., or at the Fieldhouse, 18700 E. Plaza Drive. H2O’Brien Pool opens for the 2017 season on May 27 (weather permitting) and will be open through Labor Day (weekends only starting Aug. 14.) Ask the front desk staff at any Parker Parks and Recreation facility for information on purchasing season passes, call 303.841.4500 or go online to www.ParkerRec.com/H2OBrienPool
H2O’Brien Pool Rentals
- Open Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day weekend with the weekend after that the entire facility is open for the dogs for Barker Days. For more information during the off-season, please call the Parker Parks and Recreation Department at 303.841.4500.Safety BreaksThree safety breaks are held each day when the pool is cleared for 10 minutes:
- 2:50 p.m.
- 2:50 p.m.
- 4:50 p.m.
- Pool Policies
- Pool rules and policies are posted at H2O’Brien Pool. Patrons are responsible for reading and obeying all posted rules. Everyone entering pool property must pay admission. Children under 9 must be accompanied in and out of the water at all times by an adult. Please do not drop off your young children unaccompanied. Kids ages 10 to 13 at the pool without a parent must sign in.
- Weather – H2O’Brien may delay opening or close due to inclement weather. Refunds are not given if the weather turns inclement after the pool opens.
- 19650 E. Mainstreet – Parker, CO 80138 – The Schoolhouse, formerly known as the Mainstreet Center, has been enriching Parker lives since 1915 when it first opened as the Parker Consolidated Schoolhouse serving as the region’s only K-12 school. Today, The Schoolhouse continues to serve the community by providing gathering spaces, educational opportunities, and an intimate 200-seat theater that puts the audience in the heart of a performance.Features
- 200-seat Theater
- 2400 sq.ft. Gymnasium
- 12 Classrooms
- Free parking
- Located in the heart of historic downtown Parker
Address Contact Information and Hours
Parker Recreation Center
Parker Recreation Center
17301 E. Lincoln Ave.
Parker, CO 80134
Facility Coordinator – Recreation Center
Monday – Friday
5 a.m. – 10 p.m.
7 a.m. – 8 p.m.
8 a.m. – 7 p.m.
The indoor pool closes a half-hour before the facility.
18700 E. Plaza Drive
Parker, CO 80134
Monday – Friday
7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Saturday – Sunday
7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Schoolhouse – fka Mainstreet Center
Monday – Friday
9:00 AM to 7:00 PM
(Note: Hours may vary. Call for more information.)
Sports Apparel and Equipment Shopping in Parker CO
18551 East Main Street, Parker, CO
Big 5 Sporting Goods
9257 South Parker Road, Parker, CO
A Bit of Tack
12543 N Hwy 83, Parker, CO