Colorado is Craft Beer Country and Parker boasts not one but three local brew pubs with tasting rooms.
Brew Pubs in South Denver
Parker CO Brew Pubs
Hall Brewing Company
10970 South Parker Rd, Parker CO 80134
Elk Mountain Brewery
18921 E Plaza Dr # 104,
Barnett and Son
18425 Pony Express Dr, Parker, CO 80134
Barnett and Son is the newest brewpub in Parker with a nice outdoor patio as well as indoor seating. No food is served but you can bring in your own and food trucks are on hand weekends.
Lone Tree Brew Pubs
Lone Tree Brewing Company
8200 Park Meadows Drive, Suite 8222
Lone Tree, CO 80124
Phone: (303) 792-5822
8437 Park Meadows Center Drive
Lone Tree, CO 80124
Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery
9627 E County Line Rd
Castle Rock Brew Pubs
Rock Yard Brewing Company
880 Castleton Rd, Castle Rock, CO 80109
105 West Brewing Company
1043 Park St., Castle Rock, CO 80109
Castle Rock Beer Company
514 Perry St., Castle Rock, CO 80109
Highlands Ranch Brew Pubs
Grist Brewing Company
9150 Commerce Center Cir., Ste 300
Highlands Ranch, CO 80129
Not in Douglas County but just down Parker Road
Dry Dock Brewing
15110 E Hampden Ave
Aurora, CO 80014
Douglas County Libraries launches the Great Douglas County Beer Tour in September
Douglas County Libraries Partners With Craft Breweries for 2016 Brew Tour
Douglas County Libraries (DCL) will host its third annual Great Douglas County Brew Tour during the month of September, inviting Douglas County residents to experience their library in a fresh way. DCL is all about the brew this year, partnering with 10 craft breweries to promote local businesses and their products.
This year’s tour includes two new breweries, both in Castle Rock: 105 West Brewing Company and Castle Rock Beer Company. The tour’s featured events happen each Wednesday in September, including beer-themed author events, live music, brew-inspired crafts, and—of course—tappings. And DCL has added a bonus Tuesday-evening event this year, as well.
“September is a great time of year to be a craft-brew lover in Colorado,” says Kerri Morgan, program and events supervisor at DCL. “The number of stops on our Brew Tour has grown by more than 40 percent since the tour’s inception in 2014. We’re so fortunate to have such great places in Douglas County to enjoy these specialty brews.”
Joining the Brew Tour is free, requires visiting only five of the 10 participating breweries during September to complete the Brew Tour passport, and entitles the holder of a completed passport to a commemorative pint glass courtesy of DCL. Brewery visitors can enjoy locally brewed craft beers, the aforementioned events and attractions, and opportunities to win prizes.
Several of the participating breweries will craft special, limited-edition brews to be tapped in September specifically for the DCL Brew Tour, including a Belgian Dubbel from Elk Mountain Brewing. Library patrons can tap their creativity to help name these brews and win prizes, VIP treatment at the tapping parties, and library fame. The naming contest is currently underway on the DCL Facebook page at Facebook.com/DouglasCountyLibrariesColorado through August 28.
The Great Douglas County Brew Tour is DCL’s contribution to Outside the Lines, an annual Colorado library-led initiative to reintroduce libraries to their communities in creative and innovative ways. More than 170 libraries across the globe will participate in Outside the Lines during September, hosting events intended to get people thinking and talking about libraries in fresh ways.
Participating Douglas County breweries include:
- 3 Freaks Brewery – 7140 E. County Line Rd., Highlands Ranch
- 105 West Brewing Company – 1043 Park St., Castle Rock
- Barnett & Son Brewing Company – 18425 Pony Express Dr., Parker
- Castle Rock Beer Company – 514 Perry St., Castle Rock
- Elk Mountain Brewing – 18921 Plaza Dr., Parker
- Grist Brewing Company – 9150 Commerce Center Cir., #300, Highlands Ranch
- Hall Brewing Company – 10970 S. Parker Rd., Parker
- Living the Dream Brewing Company – 12305 N. Dumont Way, Littleton
- Lone Tree Brewing Company – 8200 Park Meadows Dr., #8222, Lone Tree
- Rockyard Brewing Company – 880 Castleton Rd., Castle Rock
Scheduled beer events include:
- Toasted Coconut Brown Ale tapping and Brew Tour kickoff, featuring live music, at 6 p.m., Wednesday, August 31, at Lone Tree Brewing Company.
- Belgian Dubbel tapping and The Chocolate Therapist (beer and chocolate pairing), 6:30 p.m., Wednesday, September 7, Elk Mountain Brewing
- Saison tapping and author Ed Sealover (“Colorado Excursions With History, Hikes and Hops”), 6:30 p.m., Tuesday, September 13, 105 West Brewing Company
- Craft(y) brews: Pinterest- and brew-inspired crafts, 6 p.m., Wednesday, September 14, 3 Freaks Brewery
- Coffee Stout tapping and author Ed Sealover (“Colorado Excursions With History, Hikes and Hops”), 6:30 p.m.,Wednesday, September 21, Barnett & Son Brewing Company
- A tapping to be determined and The Chocolate Therapist (beer and chocolate pairing), 6:30 p.m., Wednesday, September 28, Living the Dream Brewing Company
Douglas County Libraries is a passionate advocate for literacy and lifelong learning. For more information, visitDouglasCountyLibraries.org, or like us on Facebook at Facebook.com/DouglasCountyLibrariesColorado.