There are many families who have chosen to homeschool in the Parker Colorado area. We’ll try to post links and information to help you locate resources. If you know of some great resources please let me know and I’ll add them to the page.
“It is the primary right and obligation of the parent to choose the proper education and training for children under his care and supervision. It is recognized that home-based education is a legitimate alternative to classroom attendance for the instruction of children and that any regulation of non-public home-based educational programs should be sufficiently flexible to accommodate a variety of circumstances. The General Assembly further declares that non-public home-based educational programs shall be subject only to minimum state controls which are currently applicable to other forms of non-public education.” § 22-33-104.5(1).
Local Homeschool Groups in Parker
- Parker Area Homeschool COOP
Colorado Christian Home Educators – Based in Parker
- Academy Charter School support for Homeschoolers
Naturalist-Guided Educational Programs
- Cycles Go Round: PreK – 3rd grades/Length:2 ½ hours. Learn about how nature is constantly reusing and recycling.
- Was it Really the Good Ole’ Days? 3rd-6th grades/Length 21/2 Hours. Join in a wagon train traveling the Cherokee Trail in hopes of homesteading the Colorado Territory.
- Home Sweet Habitat: 3rd – 6th grades/Length:2 ½ hours. Learn about who calls Castlewood home.
- Rock -n- Roll: 3rd – 8th grades/Length:2 ½ hours. Become a rock detective and search for the 3 types of rocks in Castlewood Canyon.
- Webs of Life: 3rd – 6th grades/Length:2 ½ hours. Discover the four different ecosystems in Castlewood Canyon.
- Skins & Skulls: All ages /Length:45 minutes. Meet the wild animals of Castlewood Canyon up close!
- Scout Programs: Call the State park for details.
Extra-curricular activity options for Homeschoolers in Parker
Colorado Home School Law
How to get started homeschooling your child, and a link to home school organizations that provide information on networking, support groups, curricula and testing.
- FAQs (Help! How Do I Get Started?)
- Home School Resources
- Home School Resources in Colorado [PDF]
- Home School Law
- School Attendance Law
- General Assembly Resolution
- CSAP Testing for home-based students
- Colorado P-12 Academic Standards – A guide to determining the elements and concepts to identify in the curriculum you choose for your student(s).
If you know of any great homeschool resources please contact us on social media.