CHEF JEREMY BRINGARDNER is in Douglas County for the opening of the newest franchise of LYFE Kitchen and shared his recipe with us. The secret? Freeze the fruits and vegetables to capture all the flavors without having to dilute them with ice.
LYFE Kitchen Signature Kale Banana Smoothie
- 1 cup apple juice
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, squeezed, seeds strained
- 1 cup kale, raw, washed
- 2/3 cup banana, peeled, chopped, frozen
- 1/3 cup cucumber, chopped, frozen
- 1 tsp ginger, rinsed, whole/unpeeled, chopped
1) Chop the cucumber and peel/chop the banana and spread both onto a casserole dish and place in the freezer overnight. Store in the freezer until ready to use.
2) Measure and place all ingredients in high power blender (such as a vita-mix/vita-prep) and blend on high for 25 seconds
3) Pour and serve!
* if using a standard household blender, blend on high for 1 minute. We used our Ninja and it worked perfectly!
LYFE Kitchen Park Meadows
8505 Park Meadows Center Drive
Lone Tree, CO
We had the privilege to meet the executive chef of the newly opened LYFE Kitchen in Lone Tree at Park Meadows. If you have been looking for a new place to eat healthy good for you and the planet, food, LYFE is the place!
They chose organic and locally sourced produce, meat, even their coffee is locally roasted in North Denver. This new restaurant opened June 6 and is located inside the Park Meadows Mall where California Cafe used to be.
Chef Jeremy honed his craft under luminary chefs Charlie Trotter, Bill Kim, and Jean Joho. A graduate of the highly acclaimed Culinary Nutrition program of Johnson & Wales University, Chef Jeremy captains the teams of LYFE Kitchen chefs in Palo Alto and Culver City, ensuring that each dish is bursting with flavor and fresh ingredients. He recently won “CHOPPED” on the Food Network.