A Town of Parker Signature Event
Celebrate the Season when Parker Lights the LIGHTS!
Bundle up and bring your family and friends to kick-off the holiday season at Parker’s Holiday Tree Lighting on Friday, Nov. 26, 2021, 5:30 – 7:00 p.m. in O’Brien Park.
2021 Mayor’s Holiday Lighting
presented by Xfinity
O’Brien Park comes alive for the holidays! Join the Town of Parker for an enchanted evening in O’Brien Park. Gather around the Town Tree and join the Mayor and the Parker Chorale in a Sing-Along to Silent Night to kick off the event. Following Silent Night, the Mayor and Town Council will count down to the Town Tree and Grand Park Lighting. You will love the look and feel as our Town Tree lights up and the park sparkles in white elegance!
Once the park is lit up, it’s time for the fun to begin! Stroll around O’Brien Park and take in the sights of the fun holiday ice sculpture displays following a path to each of the displays.
Along the way, you are bound to run into some holiday characters all of whom will have some sort of story to tell or an activity to show you. Santa and Mrs. Claus will also be in town for this festive evening, as will Elsa and Olaf, and you may even spot the “Elf in a Tree!” While you stroll through the park, you can enjoy tasty food from holiday food vendors.
The O’Brien Park Gazebo will come to life with the sounds of the holidays as the Parker Chorale and our local high school choirs sing some of our favorite holiday carols. The Colorado School of Dance performers will showcase one of their dances on stage as well.
This evening is sure to be filled with wonderful holiday memories.
5:30 p.m. Welcome by Mayor Jeff Toborg and Town Council with a sing-along to Silent Night led by the Parker Chorale, followed by the Grand Park and Town Tree Lighting and an evening of holiday fun!
Gazebo Entertainment Lineup
- 5:30 p.m. Parker Chorale opens the evening with Silent Night
- 5:50 to 6 p.m. Ponderosa Choir
- 6:00 to 6:15 p.m. Colorado School of Dance – Nutcracker
- 6:20 to 6:30 p.m. Chaparral High School Choir
- 6:35 to 6:45 p.m. Lutheran High School Choir
- 6:50 to 7 p.m. Legend High School Choir
- 7 p.m. Closing remarks and drawing for 50 inch Big Screen TV
- Ice holiday ice sculpture displays stationed throughout the park
- Meet and greet with Elsa and Olaf
- Holiday walk-around entertainment featuring magical elves, a winter wizard, a dancing holiday tree and a toy soldier, all of whom have a story to tell or an activity to show you.
- Santa and Mrs. Claus will also be in Town for the evening!
- New this year….the community has the chance to decide what our amazing ice sculpture vendor will create during his live ice carving demonstration! Keep an eye on the Town’s Facebook page (@TownofParkerCO) to vote for your favorite and then come to the event to see if your favorite won!
- Archies Dog House
- Bloom & Grow Kitchen
- Cyndy’s Food-Lish-Us
- Comforts of Home – soups, sandwiches, coffee and hot chocolate
- Kettle Corn
West Victorian Drive and the O’Brien Park parking lot will be unavailable for event parking and Victorian Drive from Longs Way to Mainstreet will be closed from 3:30 p.m. through 8 p.m. Event attendees can seek other public parking opportunities throughout the Downtown area.
Public parking is just a short walking distance from the park. Parking at Parker Town Hall, PACE Center, Discovery Park or the Schoolhouse parking lot is a great way to stroll through Downtown on your way to and from the event. Or, you can park west of Parker road and walk through Kieffer’s Crossing, an underground tunnel that helps pedestrians avoid crossing South Parker Road. The tunnel is between Taco Bell/Long John Silver’s and Colorado State Bank and Trust.
Contact Us For more information, please email Special Events & Sponsorship Coordinator Brooke Spain or call 303.805.3253.
Parker’s Holiday Events
- Turkey Day 5K Fun Run / Walk
- Castle Rock Starlighting
- Mayor’s Tree Lighting at O’Brien Park
Parker’s Christmas Carriage Parade
- Community Messiah Performances (you can still join the 100 voice choir)
- The Annual Nutcracker of Parker (Click to purchase tickets)
- Christmas Eve & Christmas Day Church Services (will update when information is available)