The historic downtown area of Parker is a step back in time to a kinder gentler world during the holiday season with scenes like this that remind you of Little House on the Prairie, Mayberry, Stars Hollow and Walton’s Mountain. We are OK with that.
Holiday Events for friends and family in Douglas County
There are so many things to do this holiday season in the area, it’s hard to keep track. Hopefully, this list of “things to do” for this weekend will help you to create your new simpler Christmas holiday traditions. This year many residents are working to reduce the “getting” and increase the giving, not of things necessarily, but your time, attention and care to those in your life that really matter the most. Let’s step back to smell the holly instead of rushing from store to store buying things instead of memories.
Below you will find a few things that are quite inexpensive and that you can enjoy with your loved ones.
- Turkey Day 5K Fun Run / Walk
- Castle Rock Starlighting
- Mayor’s Tree Lighting at O’Brien Park
- Parker’s Christmas Carriage Parade – Horse-drawn carriage rides in Parker Colorado
- Community Messiah Performances (you can still join the 100 voice choir)
- Elf Jr
- Milk & a Movie at CU South fka Wildlife Experience
- Martini & A Movie at the Wildlife Experience
- The Annual Nutcracker of Parker (Click to purchase tickets)
- Christmas Eve & Christmas Day Church Services (will update when information is available)