Just North of Parker you will find a fabulous outdoor shopping experience at Southlands.
Southlands is not only a shopping center but serves as a town center for Aurora with events of all kinds for all ages and interests. From the Sounds of Southlands Concert series in the summer to the many holiday events around the ice skating rink “The Pond” all winter.
Sounds of Southlands Summer Concerts 2018
“Sounds of Southlands” 2018 Concert Series Thursdays – June 14 through August 9, 2018
- June 14: SOUL SCHOOL Colorado’s Premier Party Band! Soul School jams Motown, Rhythm and Blues, Contemporary, Golden Oldies, Beach, Country, Jazz, Rock, and Funk. From tight harmonious vocals and smooth jazz to an all out dance party… Class IS in Session!
- June 21: STEVE THOMAS BAND STB is an 80s cover band. We strive to make the music sound exactly the way you remember it. From a local nightclub, wedding, party or concert, we play all ranges and sizes of events. Our musical influences include Foreigner, Loverboy, Bon Jovi, The Police, U2, Whitesnake, Journey, Toto, Poison….and many more.
- June 28: HOT LUNCH HOT LUNCH BAND – alias… the Funk Specialists… specializing in hardcore funk and just good dance music! You will dance from the minute they take the stage until you get in your car to drive home! Their style is infectious, mesmerizing, and down-right FUNKY! You don’t want to miss this show!!! July 5: JOHN ADAMS Colorado’s John Denver Tribute Artist! A true Colorado Musical Legend comes to life! John Adams will take you a back to a time you sang along to the radio with hits like, Rocky Mountian High, Annie’s Song, Thank God I’m a Country Boy and MANY MORE!
- July 12: TUNISIA Old-School Funk and more! Tunisia is a high-energy entertainment group that consistently gets the party started every time! Their dynamic show covers many styles, ranging from Current Hits to Classic Rock, R&B to Disco, Motown to Hip-Hop, Standard Jazz to Swing. This band caters to the needs of any audience. But it’s their fresh, hip style and funky approach to the music that brings this talented group into today’s contemporary realm.
- July 19: THE LONG RUN Colorado’s Tribute to The Eagles “The Eagles” wrote and performed some of the most well-known songs in the history of popular music, and they are faithfully recreated by these outstanding Colorado musicians. All of the hits from ‘Take it Easy’ to ‘Hotel California’ are executed with thrilling precision and ‘The Eagles’ signature vocal harmonies!
- July 26: UNDER A BLOOD RED SKY U2 Tribute Under a Blood Red Sky is an acclaimed U2 tribute band that passionately recreates authentic U2 concerts. Covering the “War” tour in 1983 to present day, this band has amazed fans with their ability to recreate famous U2 shows and has solidified their reputation for sold out venues – including the world-famous Red Rocks Amphitheater
- August 2: CHRIS DANIELS and the KINGS Great R&B Horn band Chris Daniels is a true Colorado legend! After 11 albums and 34 years as one of Denver’s most popular bands, Chris Daniels is still going STRONG. The great grooves and exciting horns have always been a hallmark of this wonderful group. After beating life-threatening cancer, Chris has been inducted into The Colorado Music Hall of Fame AND the band was nominated for a 2013 Grammy Award! Both are fitting honors for an amazing performer!!
- August 9: THAT EIGHTIES BAND These Shows Proudly Produced by: NOBLE PRODUCTIONS Eighties Pop & New Wave Denver’s renowned ‘That Eighties Band’ is one of the most popular ‘80s tribute bands in America. They look and sound the part and play all the great music that the crazy decade has to offer. The end result is a show any fan of the ‘80s is sure to love! !
Southlands Center for Denver Foodies
When you visit the Savory Spice Shop both your taste buds and your ole factory will be wide away when you walk in. The staff there is very helpful and if you let them know what you are looking for or the kinds of foods you like to make, they will direct you to fabulous taste sensations. At their partner store Drizzle ‘n’ Dip say hello to flavored vinegar and olive oil. Sample your favorite flavors or try some new ones at this store. You can combine oil and vinegar to create your dream salad dressing, meat marinade or bread dip, snag some recipe cards or ask for ideas.
The owners “suffered” in Jamaica for weeks working to perfect their Jamaican Jerk Seasoning and they promised this would bring me back to the islands so I had to have it. Chocolate Dark Balsamic Vinegar? Yes, please! Ideas offered from Denver Foodies and the owners were things like Mascarpone Stuffed Cherries, drizzled on strawberries, over ice cream or cheesecake, (particularly if you boiled it down a little into a syrup) drizzled over grilled Palisade peaches, on spinach strawberry salad or one friend says she thought she would just drink it straight! There are all sorts of gift ideas and packaging too.
For a quick bite check out Tokyo Joe’s, Five Guys Burgers and Fries, On The Border, Jim ‘N Nick’s Bar-B-Q, Phở 97 or McAlister’s Deli.
Date Night or Happy Hour is the perfect time to try one of these eateries
We stopped by the Wine Experience Cafe and plan to return to enjoy one (or 2) of the dozens of flights of wine and flights of cheese. Perfect for ladies night!
- Monsoon Indian Restaurant
- Mt. Fuji Sushi & Hibachi
- Old Chicago
- P.F. Chang’s China Bistro
- Pie Five Pizza CO
- Platea Latin Eatery & Cantina
- Red Lobster
- Ted’s Montana Grill
- Wine Experience Café
- Bar Louie
Satisfy your sweet tooth at Fuzziwig’s Candy Factory, Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, The Cookie Company, Tutti Frutti Frozen Yogurt, Nothing Bundt Cakes, Goochie Cakes, & Jamba Juice.
There are two spots to grab some coffee, the new Legends coffee shop which is a fantastic local spot where they make their own syrups. Order the Lavender Lemonade for a new liquid obsession.
One of the few actual bookstores remaining, Southlands Barnes & Noble store is a fabulous place to not only grab that cup of Starbucks and sit down to rest during your shopping spree, but it also has the largest selection of Adult Coloring Books you’ll find in Colorado. If you are an artsy type you will also want to visit Color Me Mine, a create your own pottery shop or The Paint Cellar where you create one of a kind art.
For local Fashionistas, you have a huge variety of shops to explore for yourself or that special person on your list.
Southlands Women’s Clothing Shopping Spots
- American Eagle Outfitters
- Eddie Bauer
- Francesca’s Collections
- Lane Bryant
- Mainstream Boutique
- My Best Friend’s Closet
- New York & Company
- Victoria’s Secret
- White House | Black Market
Clothes for Teens
- American Eagle Outfitters
- Francesca’s Collections
- Hot Topic
For the Guys
- American Eagle Outfitters
- Eddie Bauer
- Jos. A. Bank Clothiers
- Men’s Wearhouse
For Kids Clothing
- Honeybee Baby Boutique
- My Kid’s Closet
- The Children’s Place
There are plenty of places for the fast food and for kids to enjoy eating as well including:
- Buffalo Wild Wings – Now Open
- Bad Daddy’s Burger Bar
- Noodles & Co.
- KFC/Long John Silver’sCold Stone Creamery
- Del Taco
- Fuzziwig’s Candy Factory
- Village Inn
- Wetzel’s Pretzels
- Which Wich
If you are looking for something to do, Southlands can help you there too.
The AMC theater at Southlands was the first of its kind in Southeast end of Denver to have luxurious reclining seats and a full menu plus bar. Simply reserve your seats in advance, no waiting in line no worrying about getting to sit with your group. The only downside is you might take a little nap during the movies because the chairs are so comfortable.
Every Saturday 8-1 you can enjoy the Southlands Farmer’s Market. It starts Mother’s Day weekend and ends at the end of September each year. The last market in 2017 is September 24th.
Shop more than 40 local vendors in Town Square for organic and pesticide-free produce, fresh dairy products, delicious baked goods, homemade salsa, and tortillas as well as gourmet pasta, fresh seafood, natural soaps, handmade goods and of course at this time of year Palisade peaches (Remember to get that Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar we talked about above)
Fall brings the ever popular Trick-or-Treat Trail.
Trick or Treat Trail on Southlands Main Street – Saturday, October 29, 2016
This Halloween event includes Bouncy Castles, Carnival Games, Face Painting, & Balloon Animals and of course CANDY!
* FREE Trick-or-Treat sack when you donate non-perishable food items to benefit SHARE Project (while supplies last)
Christmas Shopping at Southlands
The Winter holidays at Southlands are magical, Saturday, November 19th bring the family and enjoy the Holiday Home Town Parade where the kiddos get to see Santa for the first time followed up by the magnificent tree lighting ceremony. It’s just not Christmas until you get to see the giant tree adorned with all blue lights.
One of the best parts about Southlands is the ease of getting in and out of the stores where you need to shop for holiday gifts, unlike the traditional mall experience where you have to park miles away and navigate the crowds at the mall. At Southlands you are surrounded by the cheerful decor, lots of great stores both national and locally owned and there are lots of ways to get in and out of the parking lot.
The fun starts over again in the Spring with Easter Events for everyone!
Southlands Shopping Center is located at the Corner of Smoky Hill Road and Main St just East of 470.